Man 65 Electrocuted While Making Illegal Electricity Connection



A 65-year-old man in Ondo State, Adeyemi Ogunleye, has been electrocuted while trying to make an illegal electricity connection to his apartment, pulse reports.
The deceased man, was found dead on top of a roof while holding a live electrical cable, which evidently led to his death on Saturday, July 30, 2016.

The spokesperson for Ondo State Police Command confirmed that the deceased was illegally trying to make an electrical connection.
An eyewitness report who spoke to Punch News shows that the victim was holding an electric cable as he was trying to make the illegal connection.
As at the time he was doing the illegal connection, there was no electricity supply.
Unfortunately electricity was restored while the victim was still battling with the process.
According to the eyewitness, “We woke this morning to see him on top of the roof of the house. I think he was trying to illegally connect a wire from his house to the electric pole in front of the house because there was no light in the area as at that time.”
“But in the process of doing this, the BEDC supplied power to the area and he died instantly because we saw him holding a live wire and before anybody got there, he was dead already.”
His son and a few other people eventually took the responsibility bring the man down.


Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply