In my last post in which I gave three tips on how to save electricity, a request was made for me to further elaborate . I would be doing so in this post
TURN OFF UNNESSESARY LIGHTS :
- Most of the lights left on at home or at our place of work are totally unnecessary, for example, if you turn on the light to use the bathroom after you are done, do switch them back off . This is a very common mistake we make and it adds to the consumption of our electricity.
- Security lights should be turned off once the day has brightened up.
- Disconnect appliances from socket after they have been turned off
- The dark window covering is not always necessary, you should use coverings that allow illumination they allows you use the natural sunlight instead of always turning on the inner bulbs.
- The use of LED or energy saving bulbs cannot be over emphasised, replace old traditional bulbs with the energy saving bulbs that way you will begin to conserve even more energy