Mother Of Four Electrocuted In Delta State

AD

A mother of four, Mrs. Onyeka Anene, was on Wednesday electrocuted in Ogwashi-Uku, Aniocha North Local Government Area of Delta State. This came just shortly after the community was reconnected to the national grid by the Benin Electricity Distribution Company (BEDC), after years of blackout.

Read Also: BEDC Restores Electricity To Ogwashi-Uku After 7 Years Outage

It was reported that the incident was as a result of the high voltage distributed to the area ever since the restoration of power. Virtually all the high tension lines between Ogwashi-Uku garage and Ubulu-Unor junction, off Agidihe quarters axis, had high voltage running through them.

Sources say that the deceased, prior to the incident had alerted her neighbour who weren’t around that the electric wires going to their flats were touching and in flames. When their neighbours came to switch off their control boxes, the deceased had taken her four children to their school close by.

“On her return from the school run, she handed her little baby to the house help and made to open the burglary gate to their flat. Unknown to her the gate was alive with electricity current and that was how she was electrocuted.

“When the woman was knocked down, she was rushed to the General Hospital in Ogwashi-Uku, where the medical team could not do much. “It was from there she was rushed to St. Luke Hospital, Asaba, where she was confirmed dead. We have deposited her remains at the General Hospital morgue.”

Confirming the incident, Corporate Affairs Officer of BEDC, Mrs. Esther Okolie, described it as most unfortunate, saying they were investigating the incident.

Read Also: What To Do In The Event Of An Electrocution

 

AD

About Busayo Oladejo 415 Articles
Passionate about Information technology, Project management and Social media.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply