Obiano Tours Waste-to-Energy Company in Vienna, Austria

AD

The Governor of Anambra State, Chief Willie Obiano took his quest for a better Anambra to the premises of Energie Versorgung Margarethin GmbH, (EVM) Biomethan Station in Vienna. The company has built up a reputation for the conversion of waste to electric power and gas.

In visiting EVM, Governor Obiano was looking for ways to convert the huge waste generated in Onitsha, Nnewi, and Awka to electricity that we are in dire need of as well as gas.

The CEO of EVM, Mag. Wermer Wenolf was delighted to receive Governor Obiano and his team and take them on tour of his energy plant. The Governor and his team later held preliminary conversations on the possibilities of setting up a similar project in Anambra State.

At the moment, there are strong indications that EVM and Anambra State might go into a partnership that will turn the heaps of waste generated across the state into electricity and lead to the creation of jobs and more jobs for the people.

Benin Disco  Requires 1400MW to Guarantee Steady Power Supply.

Mr. Tayo Adekunle, the spokesman for Benin Electricity Distribution Company (BEDC) have disclosed in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria(NAN) that not less than 1400MV was needed to guarantee steady power supply to 750,000 households and 13 million people in Edo, Delta, Ekiti and Ondo State. In a statement, he appealed to the customers to understand the value chain in the power sector, and as at Monday, only 325.34MW was supplied to BEDC to distribute to the customers in its area of coverage. In a bid to improve power supply, he explained that the company has embarked on network expansion, replaced and repaired faulty transformers ranging from 300KVA to 2.5KVA. On the issue of metering, he added, BEDC has achieved 65.30 percent progress in its area of coverage, leaving a metering gap of 34.7 percent. And that the gap would soon be covered as the company is taking advantage of the Federal Government’s Meter Asset Provider (MAP) Scheme.

Nigerians have more electricity than they can consume, says Garba Shehu.

On Monday  while speaking to journalists in Abuja, the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu stated that Nigerians have more electricity than they can consume. In his interview with newsmen, he said the current Federal Government is building infrastructure across the country, and every state has aleast two federal roads currently in construction. “We have more electricity that cannot be consumed, 2,000 megawatts of electricity that nobody is taking. By the year end, we are going to hit 10,000 megawatts from the 2,600 that we inherited,” he added.

NERC to Enforce Greater Compliance in Power Sector

To ensure greater compliance with its regulations and orders by operators in the Nigeria Electricity Supply Industry (NESI), the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission has drawn a comprehensive strategy to monitor the performance of its licensees and the ethical conduct of the respective managements.
The statement by the management of the commission disclosed it has reviewed the progress of the customer enumeration exercise (including asset tagging) by the electricity distribution companies. It has reaffirmed its determination to ensure this is completed within the stipulated timeline in the Work Plan. NERC has pointed out that the customer enumeration will bring significant benefits towards the reduction of commercial and collection losses in the Industry.

AD

About Rejoice Obike 105 Articles
Obike Rejoice Chinecherem is an ardent reader who loves African literature. She is creative in writing, her write-ups are all about her everyday experiences, women, and society. She loves chocolates, and in her copious time enjoys reviewing artworks and talking about feminism.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply