Following the NERC Regulation directing Discos to meter their customers, Ikeja Electric has kicked off their metering program under the MAP scheme this May. The Meter Asset Providers (MAPs) are companies licensed by the regulator to procure and install meters for customers of electricity distribution companies (Discos).
Here’s What You Need To Know About IE MAP
- In line with NERC Regulation, customers are expected to pay the sum of #38,850 for single phase meter and #70,350 for a three-phase meter (including VAT). These payments can be upfront or in installments which is referred to as the Monthly Metering Service Charge (MSC).
- MSC is the monthly repayment of the cost of the meter over a period of time until full amortization of the meter asset cost, as agreed with the MAP.
- All payments for meters should be made into the authorized bank accounts advised by the MAP. No customer should pay cash for meters to any individual.
- To purchase a meter, complete or update your details by visiting the IE website http://map.ikejaelectri.com/. For further clarification, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01-448-300, 01-700-250 and 0700-022-5543.
- Customers who refuse to be metered will be disconnected from the service in line with the regulation.
- Customers are advised to settle their postpaid bill by taking advantage of the various payment options available during the KYC process. Outstanding balance can also be rolled over into the customer’s prepaid account and paid in installments in line with IE installment plans.
- For upfront payments, MAPs are mandated to install meters within 10 working days of the payment while customers who opt for installments will be metered in line with the MAPs installment schedule.
- After installation, meters will be processed for setup and activation within 2 days and customers will be able to vend for energy using any of IE payment channels.
- Where a customer metered under MAP relocates within the IE franchise area, they’re expected to notify the Disco. Once notified, IE will transfer the service to the new location including the credit on the customer’s account. Customers are not allowed to remove the meters from their locations. Kindly notify the Discos by sending and email to email@example.com or call 01-448-3900, 01-700-250 and 0700-022-5543.