We already know that going solar is a smart move – but did you also know that you can save even more money on your energy consumption by investing in smart devices?
There are a variety of smart devices to help you minimize wasted energy in your home. One of this smart device is a “Smart Plug” – This smart device can help you save over #50,000 per year. Smart plugs connect to an app on your smartphone via WI-FI or Bluetooth, allowing you to control whatever appliance is connected to that device.
Here’s How To Use Your Smart Plugs:
- Place smart plug into electrical socket.
- Install the app associated with your smart plug on your smartphone.
- Plug in the desired appliance.
- Turn device on/off from anywhere at anytime.
Once connected, smart devices allow users to create “Scenes” – Scenes are small IFTTT (If This Then That) programs that can adjust your lighting and other appliances based the time of the day via your smartphones.
Benefits Of Smart Devices:
- Improve your home network connectivity.
- Turn appliances on/off with the tap of a button.
- Monitor your energy usage from anywhere in the world.
- Manage energy use with easy scheduling.
- Eliminate vampire draw from your home.
- Control devices with voice command.