- The Power Sector Reform Act of 2015 is not only made robust, but strengthened to encourage more private sector participation in power generation and distribution.
- We expect the new board to dream big by fashioning out the energy requirements of Nigeria for the next 50 years with an ambition plan of generating power output of nothing less than 50,000 megawatts of electricity, in the first 20 years of the plan.
- The new board should liaise with the manufacturing sector on a new road map on their energy needs as well as with the DISCOs on a more robust and far-reaching power generating platforms.
- Also issues of pre-paid meters, infringement of right of way of transmission lines, corruption and staffing in the power sector should be promptly tackled.
- NERC must ensure that public institutions with huge debt profile should be encouraged to pay up to enable the DISCOs function effectively.