In recent times, miscreants have been known to pose as staffs of distribution companies (DisCos) in order to extort unknowing customers. This unfortunate trend is one of the key problems the various DisCos in Nigeria battle with and while we support the stiff punishments being placed on such culprits, we have gone a step further and created a step by step process of identifying if a staff of the Port Harcourt Electricity Distribution Company (PHED) is a genuine staff or an Impostor.
Note: This is for Customers residing in the Distribution Zones of PHED ( Rivers, Akwa-Ibom, Bayelsa, and Cross- River). In the coming weeks we will also educate on how to Identify false staffs of other DisCos. Also, please note that NOT all staffs of PHED are fake. PHED is full of honest and hard working people but sadly some miscreants often try to spoil the image of its staffs.
- Step 1: Meet the individual posing as a staff and request for his/her security code
- Step 2: Send security code as a text message to 0809040417007
- Step 3: Wait few minutes for authentication feedback
- Step 4: Once you receive the authentication feedback, check if the authentification matches the staff ID
- Step 5: If the authentication does not match his/her Identification card, then you have most likely been dealing with an “IMPOSTOR” and not a genuine staff. You are advised to call 08114646473 immediately and report the event.